These tasty treats are delicious for humans and dogs
We know how it can be: adorable eyes gazing up at you, begging for a scrap of food. But did you know that a lot of yummy human food can be potentially dangerous to our pets? Seemingly innocent foods like onions, garlic and chocolate can cause serious health issues in cats and dogs. Hidden ingredients like xylitol can be fatal. That’s why we’ve created Paws Off!, the world’s first food safety symbol for pets – so we all know what human food isn’t safe for our fur friends.
We’re thrilled to announce that My Food Bag, a great New Zealand company, has joined the cause to help keep more New Zealand pets safe. They have also created this delectable dog biscuit recipe using yummy ingredients that are safe for dogs and humans.
Dog biscuits you can share
Can’t resist those puppy dog eyes? Try this delicious recipe from My Food Bag. These yummy bikkies have five simple ingredients and are a tasty treat that you can safely share with your dog.
Homemade Dog Bikkies
140g wholemeal flour
140g peanut butter (make sure it doesn’t include Xylitol)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place a piece of baking paper on the bench and dump out dough onto it (you can add a little more flour if it’s too sticky).
- Place another piece of baking paper on top and using a rolling pin to roll about 0.5cm thick.
- Cut out with a cookie cutter or cut into squares with a knife.
- Bake for 20 minutes then switch the oven off and allow the cookies to dry out in the oven, until cool.
For more recipes and information on what – and what not – to feed pets, check out our Food Safety Hub.